- Congestion pricing bill passed in the New York City Council, now awaits vote from the state with only a few days left before the federal deadline runs out.
- Whirlpool has created a conceptual Green Kitchen that captures excess heat and water and reuses it within the kitchen, such as excess heat from the refrigerator coils used to heat water for the dishwasher.
- The Washington Nationals’ new stadium received a LEED Silver rating, making it the first baseball stadium to receive the certification. Water efficiencies include a green roof that captures rainwater and reuses it in the restrooms.
- Reducing the carbon footprint can also have significant quality of life improvements by moving downtown and utilizing public transportation, like this family in Atlanta did. Very inspiring compared to the companion piece about the family that did the reverse, moving out of the city into the burbs, and thereby adding hours on to their commute.
- The truth behind the cul-de-sac – the extra pounds, the increased burglary rates, the increased land disturbance….
Photo of New York City traffic from Treehugger