Week of September 1 – 7
- Treehugger teams up with Kayak to provide travellers with greening suggestions for their trips
- Should LEED take into account the use of the building when they certify new construction, i.e. can a spaceport really be considered a green building?
- How sustainable is your organization’s water use? Use the Global Water Tool to find out.
- New York State announced that all state construction will need to achieve LEED Silver or greater starting in 2008. Associated with that, the state will offer up to $10,000 in incentives per home to incorporate green building, to help offset the high costs associated with such construction. My question is, will this be applied to renovation of existing buildings as well….
- Coca-Cola announces new plant, sets goal to recycle or reuse 100 percent of the bottles it sells in the US
- West Coast Green is coming up in a couple weeks and they are looking for volunteers – work a shift and get a full conference pass for free
- What better use for the water on your umbrella than to water a small plant (via Treehugger)
Umbrella Pot photo from kyouei design