From the latest AirAlert, provided by the Bay Area Air Quality Management
Spare The Air Tomorrow, Thursday August 30!
To help prevent smog tomorrow, please:
– Take public transit, walk or bike, visit 511.org for transit info
– Carpool or vanpool with friends or co-workers
– Refuel on the way home in the evening and don’t top off
– Link necessary trips and postpone errands if possible
– Avoid polluting products like aerosol cleaners, paint and hair spray
– Use a hand-pushed or electric lawn mower
Tomorrow, Thursday, August 30, is a Spare the Air Day in the San Francisco Bay Area. Concentrations of ground-level ozone pollution are forecast to be unhealthy.
Your morning commute is free on BART, CalTrain, ACE Train and all Bay Area Ferries until 1:00 pm. Bay Area bus systems are offering free rides all day. This is the 2nd of four free commute days on non-holiday weekday Spare the Air days this summer. To find out more, and to view a list of participating transit agencies, see 511.org. To monitor current air quality conditions, visit http://www.sparetheair.org
This AirAlert is provided by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District. Thank you for doing your part to Spare the Air!