- Senate’s updated energy bill could pave the way for billions of dollars of government loan guarantees for nuclear energy projects
- Solar cells achieve a record of 42.8% efficiency
- A New York Times editorial praising the use of tap water, from a nutritional and environmental standpoint (via Sustainable Flatbush)
- USA Today profiles complete streets programs in development across the country
- Two types of innovative washing machines hit the internet: a detergentless one from Haier, available in Europe only, and a conceptual one that would reuse the rinse water and not require a water hookup, perfect for apartment living.
- Get to know more about recyclable plastics
- Grist has created a list of the 15 greenest cities in the world. Reykjavik tops the list, with Portland, OR coming in at number 2. SF and Austin also make the list for American cities. (via Streetsblog)
Image from Coroflot