- A Chicago architect uses tilted windows to block the hot rays of summer, while letting in the winter light. The magic angle? 71 degrees – the same as indoor temperature.
- Toyota unveils the Plug-In Prius. (via TreeHugger)
- GE Launches a Carbon Offsetting Credit Card.(via TreeHugger) And no, they say, it’s not to help you shop your way out of global warming. It’s to help consumers offset their footprint.
- New York Buildings are using giant blocks of ice to cool the buildings. Simple, efficient, and catching on!
- Recycling catches on at “Willy Wonka’s Garbage Factory” a halfway house for San Francisco’s garbage.
- London is building a Desalination Plant on the banks of the Thames. Would it be better to fix the leaky pipes?
- The new website Walk Score rates the walkability of your neighborhood. Watch out for hills though….. (via Lifehacker)
- Paper or Plastic? The debate rages on with Jacques Cousteau‘s granddaughter weighing in against plastic, and others arguing that paper is bulkier and more expensive, then others rebutting that…… read the arguments in this piece from the New York Times.
- Engineers are using eco-phalt to improve drainage in India. And everywhere else that seems to be flooding these days.
Photo courtesy of Wired.